13 Dec 2021 (Monday)
12 Ways to Get to 11
Author: Eve Merriam
Weaker students may still need to add by counting fingers. Once the sum is greater than 10, they encounter difficulties. Also, English is not their first language. If they find something boring or difficult to master, they may give up easily.
That’s why we suggest the following strategies:
– Use picture books to arouse students’ motivation
– Introduce ten-frame as a tool to facilitate counting
– Ask open-ended questions for students to try different compositions of 11
Check out the lesson plan and worksheet to know more!
1N1 Numbers to 20
– recognise the decomposition and composition of numbers
1N2 Basic addition and subtraction
– understand the basic concepts of addition and subtraction
– perform addition and subtraction of numbers
– understand the relation between addition and subtraction
– recognise the commutative property of addition