30 Oct 2020 (Friday)
Spaghetti and Meatballs for All!
Also available in Chinese 義大利麵與肉丸子
Author: Marilyn Burns; Illustrator: Debbie Tilley
How many tables and chairs do you need in order to accommodate all your family and friends for a meal? Can you students find out the relationship between those numbers and area/perimeter? Can you further help your students explore the idea of ratio? Check out our resources to see how these questions can be answered during mathematics lessons.
4M1 Perimeter (I)
– recognise the concept of perimeter
– measure and compare the perimeters of 2-D shapes
– recognise and use the formulae for finding the perimeters of squares and rectangles
4M2 Area (I)
– recognise the concept of area
– compare the areas of 2-D shapes
– recognise and use the formulae for areas of squares and rectangles
Other relevant topics: Number patterns and algebraic reasoning
Values and attitudes: Perseverance, care for others